Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Question about vintage equpment I found.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Trevytrev11's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I found a box full of these things and was hoping someone could help me figure out what they are.

    Descrpition:

    They are about 6 inches long and about 1-1.5 inches wide and deep. They are made of metal and weigh aboout a pound or two. There is a label on one of the sides that contains the following info from top to bottom:
    Altec Acousta Voicing systems.
    (There is a bunch of squiggly lines with an arrow through it).
    600 Ohms
    Frequency
    400 HZ
    Model Number
    9013-9
    Equalizer

    The top of the piece has a peg thats about a 1/2 inch fall that sticks out from the middle. The bottom has 4 screws (one in each corner) and 4 little pieces with two prongs in the middle.

    The device came in a green box that says:
    Altec Lansing
    Anaheim, California
    9013 9
    400hz

    Made in USA

    My grandfather used to work for Hollywood Studios (I think that is the correct name) in the 1960's and these parts were found in his garage after he passed away in the early 1990's.

    I also have a similar device that is about an inch shorter and only weighs about an ounce or two. It is made of plastic It is made by TOA and is a "Tone Signal Unit STU-05" It can be seperated into two parts, that are connected by wire. The bottom of the pieces has a plastic knob that is surrounded by 8 metal stubs.

    I am looking to sell these parts and would be interested to know what they are worth and where I could find a buyer.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member donaldpatten's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 26th, 2004
    Posts
    336
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    You have some equalizer modules used in large sound systems to minimize feedback and smooth the frequency response.These were connected between the Mixer/Preamp and the Power Amplifiers.
    Try to sell them on eBay.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Trevytrev11's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 21st, 2005
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks alot.

    I put one up for sale today. Do you have any idea of what I should expect to get for these? Even if you could give me a ballpark figure, I would appreciate it.

    I just want to know if it is even worth my time to put these up for acution.

    Thanks again.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.